William George Wilson, who succeeded James Oxley, had worked first at Abraham Haley’s foundry at Butts Hill, then successively for Mr. Oxley as foreman, traveller and finally manager. When Oxley got into difficulties, Wilson formed a new company with himself as managing director, which became Wilson & Co. The firm closed about 1932.
Wilson and Scotchman were founded in February 1910 by William George Wilson Junior and George H. Scotchman to produce vats, pumps, malt machinery and refrigerators with premises at Keyford on the site of The Cooperage. The firm continued until the 1970’s and houses are now built on the site.